So I've now been accepted. I'm excited.
The only real concern I have now is how to pay for the tuition. I'm meeting with the head of the school today to see what kind of help I can get from the school. Most likely it will be a student load...I'll just have to go over all the details and hope to god that everything comes out ok.
I'm basically at the part that I am most worried about. On my own I can't afford to go to school. I don't think my credit is good enough for a student loan with an interest percentage that won't kill me. I also don't want anyone to co-sign on any loans or anything because I don't want my fuck-ups to hurt anyone else's credit.
We'll see what happens I guess. I'm excited...but extremely worried all at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey John,
I'm sure they will tell you all this when you talk to them about financial aid but if their student loans work like any other institution you won't need to worry about your credit or high interest rates. They have fixed interest and depending on subsidized/unsubsidized loans, sometimes the interest will only accrue after you have completed your degree. Your aid will not be based on your credit but your taxes from last year, the amount of tuition, and the cost of living in Austin. You are pretty much guaranteed some unsubsidized loan money.
Of course it may be that this school does something different so make sure they give you all the good information. Financial aid departments are notoriously unhelpful.
Super excited for you
-ceo
I wasn't even aware that you knew of my blog. :\
Thanks for the info.
Post a Comment